We love Kodiak Cakes pancake and waffle mix in our house. It is packed with protein and fiber and makes the easiest and fluffiest pancakes! I buy the jumbo box at Costco or you can get it at any grocery store. Last year, I discovered that you can use this mix in all kinds of recipes, and these muffins are our fave! Very little sugar and no oil or butter. I make a double batch when my bananas are overripe and freeze them. I make regular and minis. Makes a great grab and go breakfast/snack and Luke loves them in his lunch!!
- 2 cups Power Cakes mix
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (any milk will work)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed (the riper the banana, the sweeter the muffin)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (optional, but recommended)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 12 muffin cups or line muffin cups with muffin liners and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl and blend until smooth.
- Fill 12 muffin cups evenly. They will be close to full.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for about 25 minutes and when tops are golden brown. I didn’t use muffin liners and removed my muffins immediately from the muffin pan (after cooked) to cool on a wire rack