MAMAS! I heard your feedback and here’s a two-for-one: a one pot meal made in the Instapot!! Hollah Back!
This is a classic made healthy with wheat pasta and ground turkey. This is so simple because everything is made inside the Instapot, no skillet, strainer, or saucepans needed. And kiddo friendly to boot!
So, make sure you follow the Skinnytaste recipe exactly as written. A few tips....Do not stir the water into the sauce. I know you’ll want to... I sure did! Please refrain ;). Use high quality sauce or homemade. Also, break the pasta in half and fan it in the pot. I included a picture for you. It will keep the pasta from sticking together. Lastly, after the quick release of pressure, carefully open the lid and stir the pasta around and just let it sit for a few minutes. It will thicken up a bit. I served this with steamed broccoli tossed with olive oil and garlic!
Manga mamas! Xoxo
- 1 lb 93% ground turkey
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 jar (25.25 ounces) Delallo Tomato Basil Pomodoro Sauce
- 2 cups water
- 8 ounces whole wheat or gluten-free spaghetti, I used Delallo
- Grated parmesan cheese, optional for serving
- Press saute on the Instant Pot. When hot add the turkey and salt and cook, breaking up about 3 minutes.
- Add the onions, and garlic and cook until softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the Pomodoro sauce, water and spaghetti (broken in half), making sure the liquid covers everything without stirring.
- Cover and cook on high pressure 9 minutes.
- Quick release so the pasta doesn’t continue cooking, and serve topped with grated cheese if desired!
NOTE: To make this on the stove, cook in a large pot with the same ingredients over med-low heat covered about 17 minutes, or until tender, stirring half way.