Smoothies are a staple in our house and an easy way to get your kiddos to eat their greens. I use Greek yogurt when I’m sharing this smoothie with Luke, and I use protein powder when I’m having the entire smoothie. I love this smoothie because of the simple ingredients and the chocolatey peanut taste — think a healthy Reece’s cup :) Feel free to adjust the amounts of ice and milk as needed based on if you like a thinner or thicker, icier smoothie. These taste great on a warm day or after a challenging workout.
- 1/2 overripe banana
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder OR 1/2 c vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 T unsweetened cocoa powder
- Small handful spinach or baby kale
- Heaping T almond or nut butter
- 1 c almond milk or low-fat milk
- A few ice cubes
Add all ingredients to blender and process until smooth! YUM!