I typically don’t use my slow cooker much in the summer, however, I love this recipe during those hot summer days when you want something light and filling but don’t want to heat up your oven!
It works great for meal prep (I typically prep 5 servings in 3-cup rectangular Pyrex containers) OR for an easy dinner!
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, rinsed
- 1 jar salsa OR 1 1/4 cups
- 14.5 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups frozen corn
- Taco seasoning packet OR homemade
- Small head cabbage, shredded
- 1 large shredded carrot
- 1-2 peppers sliced thin (I used 2 jalapeños)
- Small Bunch cilantro, leaves only (optional)
- Avocado, diced (optional)
- 2 limes
Place chicken, beans, salsa, corn and seasoning in slow cooker and cook in low 7-8 hours, or high 4-5 hours. Shred chicken and stir.
Make mexi slaw by combing all of the ingredients and toss. Squeeze lime on top and add avocado. One serving of the slow cooker mixture is approx one cup! Serve chicken mixture on top of slaw. ENJOY!