Happy Fall, y’all! This simple and filling dinner uses staples you probably already have on hand. It’s utilizes the seasonal fall vegetables that are plentiful this time of year. The veggies are the star, so load up on them. Plus, it’s kiddo friendly!!
- 1/2 lb of your favorite pasta (I used spinach ravioli from Trader Joe’s)
- Your favorite pasta red sauce (I used Trader Joe’s Autumnal Sauce) **I always look for sugar content in prepared sauces—some are high in sugar
- Fresh broccoli, carrots and kale (I did 2 crowns of broccoli, 3 large carrots, and a small bunch of kale)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Grated Parmesan or Pecorino Romano, to taste
Preheat oven to 375. Slice carrots into thin coins and broccoli into small pieces. Toss with EVOO until lightly coated and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 10-15 minutes, or until the veggies start to turn black around the edges. You will want to toss them around once during cooking.
Prepare the pasta according to directions. Heat a small amount of the sauce and thinly slice the kale, being sure to remove the woody stems. Put the kale in the sauce to heat it through.
Toss the pasta, sauce and veggies together and sprinkle with a small amount of grated cheese. For the kiddo, I left the veggies in the side without the sauce and the pasta plain. ♥️♥️. Enjoy! Xo