Remember growing up when your grandmom would boil brussel sprouts until they were mushy and flavorless?!?
These easy, flavorful sprouts are a complete 360 from those days! This is a great appetizer or an awesome side dish to accompany any pasta or protein. These rarely make it off the baking tray into a dish because my husband and I gobble them up! Barefoot Contessa seasons with just salt and pepper, which is fabulous—very simple and tasty! I sometimes also drizzle with Trader Joe’s balsamic vinegar right after they come out of the oven. It just adds a nice little tang!
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts
- 3 tablespoons good olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut off the brown ends of the Brussels sprouts and pull off any yellow outer leaves.
- Mix them in a bowl with the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Pour them on a sheet pan and roast for 35 to 40 minutes, until crisp on the outside and tender on the inside. Shake the pan from time to time to brown the sprouts evenly.
- Sprinkle with more kosher salt and serve immediately.