Summer tomatoes and peaches are the stars of this salad! Because they are in season now, and super sweet, this simple salad really shines and all of the simple ingredients meld together to create the perfectly flavor-balanced summer salad!
- 2 c loosely packed spinach (can sub arugula or spring mix)
- 1/2 ripe peach, diced
- 1/2 c sweet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 T diced red onion (can sub scallions)
- 2 T goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 T pecans (I like the sweet/spicy from Trader Joe’s)
- 1 t olive oil
- 1 t balsamic vinegar
- 1 T chopped fresh basil or mint (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss gently with olive oil and balsamic. Let sit for a minute before eating as the balsamic will start breaking down the peaches, giving them a sweeter flavor! This is one portion, but you could double this salad for light dinner. I served my salad with Costco rotisserie chicken, or top it with shrimp, fish or even garbanzo beans for a meatless option.
Embrace every last minute of our beautiful PNW summer!
Enjoy, sweet mamas! Xoxo