With zucchini in season and coming off the vine like nobody’s business, these easy tots are a great switch-up from the classic zucchini bread. These are mama, husband and kiddo approved! Triple win! I serve these with two sides: ranch and sriracha ketchup (add a few drops of sriracha to your favorite ketchup)! I love that Skinnytaste makes this recipe with simple ingredients, big taste, but also healthy!
- cooking spray
- 1 packed cup grated zucchini
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 medium onion, minced
- 1/4 cup grated reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup seasoned breadcrumbs (or gluten-free crumbs)
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Grate the zucchini into a clean dish towel until you have 1 packed cup. Wring all of the excess water out of the zucchini, there will be a lot of water. In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of mixture in your hands and roll into small ovals. Place on the cookie sheet and bake for 16 to 18 minutes, turning halfway though cooking until golden. Makes 16.