This fun craft/toddler activity is brought to you by one of my favorite toddler bloggers! Busy Toddler is an amazing mom who you should follow on Pinterest or Instagram. Bonus she is local and is actually neighbors with one of our instructors!
For this activity you will make a water bottle into a turkey. Then your child will practice those fine motor skills and use tongs to feed the turkey with pom-pom balls. This alone, kept my 2 year old entertained for 15 minutes. For my 4 year old we turned into a competition to see who could get the most in their turkey in 5 minutes. You can adapt this so many ways. For example, who can get the most red and green pom-poms.
Visit the Busy Toddler at busy toddler.com or follow her on Facebook or Instagram. I promise you won’t regret it.
Activity Adapted from: https://busytoddler.com/2017/11/feed-the-turkey/
- Wide lid Water Bottle (I used my a Gatorade one)
- Construction Paper
- Googley Eyes
- Tongs (I got mine from the Dollar Store but you could use your kitchen ones too)
1. Clean water bottle and remove label
2. Cut out turkey parts from construction paper.
3. Glue eyes and turkey parts to bottle and let dry.
4. Let the kids start feeding the turkey. Remember no hands only tongs to work on those fine motor skills.