This craft is inspired by an activity observed at Michael's Craft Store. The Pom Poms are "fireworks" themed around the upcoming Memorial Day holiday! Have fun with your kids and let it fly!
Click through the gallery below to see the steps.
- 5 large popsicle sticks
- Assorted pom poms
- Assorted markers or crayons
- Rubber bands (1 standard, 2-4 small)
- Color 2-3 popsicle sticks, let dry if using markers.
- Stack 3 popsicle sticks together and secure at both ends with small rubber bands.
- Attach remaining two popsicle sticks at one end with larger rubber-band.
- Place stacked popsicle sticks in between other two, making X shape.
- Place pop pom on non rubber-band side and push down gently with finger.
- Release and watch ‘firework’ fly.